Dairy Contract Negotiation & Industrial Relations Workshops
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2014 - Category: In the News
NSW Farmers’ Dairy Committee, in partnership with Australian Dairy Farmers, will host contract negotiation and industrial relations workshops for dairy farmers next month. All dairy farmers are welcome.
Covering topics ranging from basic contract information; to collective bargaining and family succession planning, the workshops aim to equip dairy farmers with key negotiating skills and the ability to understand their contractual obligations, to ensure the smooth functioning of dairy operations.
- Basic contract information and contractual rights for dairy farmers
- Mediation on contractual disputes
- Collective bargaining
- Family succession planning
- Employment obligations for dairy farmers
Keynote: Senior Counsel, Ian Coleman
Ian has more than 30 years experience working in commercial mediation, family and agriculture law. He is a former Federal Family Court Judge, and he is also admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW. He is a Mediator with the Rural Assistance Authority of NSW and also holds a Masters of Sustainable Agriculture (USYD).
NSW Farmers: Special Counsel for Industrial Relations, Matthew Waring
Matt is part of the industrial relations team at NSW Farmers and has almost 10 years experience in employment law and industrial relations, regularly dealing with large clients in agriculture and manufacturing.
- Wednesday 3 December, the Grand Hotel, Bega: 9am-1pm.
- Monday 8 December, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, Camden: 10am-2pm.
- Wednesday 10 December Casino RSM Club, Casino: 10am-2pm.
- Friday 12 December, Muswellbrook RSL, Muswellbrook: 10am-2pm.
To RSVP and for more information, please call NSW Farmers’ Members Service Centre: 1300 794 000.