Queensland Dairyfarmers’ Organisation (QDO)
The Queensland Dairyfarmers’ Organisation (QDO) provides leadership, services and support to dairy farmers across the state. QDO prides itself on providing realistic and effective solutions to real issues. It works regularly with governments and other stakeholders as the voice of dairy farmers in Queensland.
QDO's 2015-16 highlights
- Successfully lobbied the Sate Government for additional natural disaster assistance to assist dairy farmers impacted by Tropical Cyclone Marcia.
- Advocated for the Federal Government to introduce the s46 ‘effects test’ legislation 2016 into the Federal Parliament.
- Continued to lobby and advocate for the removal of $1 per litre supermarket milk.
- Developing and implementing a Bovine Johne's disease program to minimise spread and limit financial impact on Queensland dairy farmers.
- Working proactively with State Government to get a better electricity prices for farmers.
State Member key contacts
Brian Tessmann (SDFO President)
Eric Danzi (SDFO Executive Officer)
For more information about QDO, visit their website: http://www.dairypage.com.au/