South Australian Dairyfarmers’ Association (SADA)
The South Australian Dairyfarmers’ Association (SADA) aims to represent and advance the interests of South Australian (SA) dairy farmers. Established in 1936, SADA is one of the most strongly supported farm lobby groups in Australia with more than 60 per cent of the state’s dairy farmers as members. In October 2013, SADA launched the state’s first fresh milk brand, SADA Fresh, to support the state’s dairy farmer representative efforts.
SADA’s 2015-16 highlights
- Encouraged investment in both the farm and processing sectors to educate consumers, promote quality, support the 'buy local' policy and increase demand.
- Launched the 'Do Dairy' campaign featuring in the Department of Primary Industry and Royal Adelaide Show.
- Continued to support the sales of SADA Fresh Milk throughout South Australia.
- Assisted a number of dairy projects with the SA Dairy Industry Fund.
- Worked with Primary Producers SA to deliver a united position on environmental issues.
State Member key contacts
- John Hunt (SDFO President)
- Ken Lyons (SDFO CEO and Executive Officer)
For more information about SADA and its milk brand, SADA Fresh, visit: http://www.sadafresh.com.au/