Tasmanian Farmers and Graziers Association (TFGA)
The Tasmanian Farmers and Graziers Association (TFGA) is Tasmania’s overarching farmer organisation, representing dairy, alongside other commodities including, meat, wool, forestry and vegetables. TFGA’s purpose is to ensure Tasmania’s agricultural base remains competitive and profitable. TFGA works in conjunction with DairyTas, Tasmania’s service delivery arm of Dairy Australia, to support strategic growth plans in the state’s dairy industry.
TFGA’s 2015-16 highlights
- Helped secure a workable change in firearm regulation, whereby dairy farmers can use a captive bolt without a license.
- Welcomes the sale of the states largest dairy organisation to Moon Lake Investments'.
- Worked to ensure the best outcomes for dairy farmers who were affected by the price drops.
- Launched the feed and fodder register to assist farmers affected by the changing weather conditions.
- Worked with industry stakeholders to ensure a fairer backpacker tax.
- Worked closely with farmers, agricultural agencies and stakeholders in the Water for Profit program.
State Member key contacts
Andrew Lester (Dairy Council President)
Peter Skillern (SDFO CEO)
Nick Steel (SDFO Executive Officer)
For more information about TFGA, visit their website: http://www.tfga.com.au/