WA Farmers is Western Australia's
The WA Farmers is Western Australia’s state-based farmer body, representing a cross-section of commodities including, grains, livestock, dairy, wool and bees. WAF provides support and education to its members on various business-related issues, including animal health, farm economics and trade, health and safety, and climate change. WA’s dairy industry is located in the south-west of the state around three main areas: Harvey in the north, and the Margaret River and Denmark on the south coast.
WAF’s 2015-16 highlights
- Led the initiative to revamp the dairy industry pavilion at the Perth Royal show.
- Negotiated a lower milk price with processors for farmers affected by the Harvey Region bush fires.
- Hosted five Dairy Industry update meetings across the dairying region of WA, to provide farmers with industry updates, products and services.
- Working to build long term solutions to balance seasonal variations, new infrastructure and investment opportunities.
- Continue to advocate against the $1 per liter supermarket milk.
State Member key contacts
Michael Partridge (Dairy Council President)
Stephen Brown (SDFO CEO)
Kim Haywood (SDFO Executive Officer)
For more information about WAF, visit their website: http://www.wafarmers.org.au/